Monday, May 24, 2010

Tutorial on How to color the flowers from the prettiest kit using dye ink and vanilla smooch!

My video camera isn't allowing me to transfer my videos to my computer, so I thought I would do a tutorial with pictures and some written instructions, so here we go.

Coloring Flowers from Prettiest Kit using Ink and Smooch!
















1.  Color your flower of your choice from the prettiest kit using your sponge dauber and your classic (dye) ink of your choice.  In my example I use Regal Rose first.



2.  Ink up your sponge dauber with your lightest color (Regal Rose here) and rub it against your flower.  You may also use reinkers to dye these flowers.



3.  Add second color of your choice where you want highlights.  I added Melon Mambo over the entire flower, but lightly.



4.  Add your darkest color to your edges only for a dramatic contrast.  I added Rich Razzleberry on my flower, using my sponge daubers.



5.  Spray your finished flower with Vanilla Smooch Spritz to add glimmer and glitz!




6.  Add clear button, attach to card front! Close up of the smooch spritz!




Finished Card! 
The Prettiest Kit can be found in the Stampin Up Idea Book and Catalog on page 178, and comes with over 350 pieces of flowers, half back pearls, full pearls, crystals, stick pins, and rhinestones.  The cost of the kit is $30.00, but this will last you a long time.

The Vanilla Smooch Spritz is featured in Stampin Up's summer mini.  They are currently selling 4 different colors (gold, silver, vanilla, and copper).  Before you spray your cardstock, embellishment, chipboard, etc, shake the spritz up very good.  The ink will settle on the sides where it was laying.  Once it is shook well the ink and the glitter will disperse evenly and make any project sparkle! You will love it! 

I hope this has helped you and encourages you to try this technique!

Blessings and Rubber Hugs
Rox

0 comments:

Post a Comment